I’ve had a week to morn and I’ve been through “The Five Stages of Grief:”
1. Denial – I’m not really a True Aggie anyway. The guy who kissed me had a girlfriend so I think that makes it invalid.
2. Anger – Why didn’t I choose to attend a different university when I had the chance? Freakin’ scholarship!
3. Bargaining – Wanna trade degrees? Avalon Beauty School was my second choice anyway.
4. Depression – I feel so blue. Deeply blue. Aggie blue.
5. Acceptance – I am a loser. I have always been a loser and I will always be a loser, and that’s OK.
The worst part is it was our traitor, Riley Nelson, who helped the Cougars pull it out in the end. Just when I wanted Bronco to stay in denial that Heaps is all he’s touted to be, he goes all rational and puts in Riley the USU Ringer!
I think Samson’s rebellious hair length shows there is still some Aggie in him. If I spin it in my brain I can rationalize that it took an Aggie to get the Cougars a win. I believe where you go first is where your heart truly is.
Once an Aggie, always an Aggie, unfortunately.